Monday, February 4, 2013

30 day drawing challenge

Back at Bight we did a 30-day drawing challenge; every day our art director picked a topic and we drew something on the subject. You should check out the results here.

I picked a few of my favorite submissions to post here:

Draw a 3-panel comic: (Little gruesome, sorry. It was a long day.)

Draw a body part:



Draw something from a fairy tale: This is Rumpelstiltskin, flying out the window on a soup ladle. Other variations depict him tearing himself in half. I tried drawing that one, but it was a bit too morbid and confusing. Even for me.


Design a tattoo: A tattoo reading "Tattoo" always struck me as a funny concept.

Draw an animal: Just your typical zebra, doing typical zebra stuff.


Create a pattern: Don't look too hard, you'll hurt yourself. The white space is zebras, the black space is dragons. An interesting undertaking, though both of their shapes were pretty compromised by the end of it.





 Draw something you hate: This merits some explanation. At the time, I was living in a seedy little apartment above a Greco/Robin's donuts in downtown Charlottetown. Downtown Charlottetown, at certain times of the year, is riddled with bums and buskers. Apart from begging for change, the principal forms of recreation are to a) Get very, very drunk, b) Weigh 700 lbs, sit on park benches, and stare at people; or c) Drive motorcycles up and down the street at all hours of the day and night.

Long story short; this is a drawing of downtown Charlottetown; depicting a combination of it's four most favorite passtimes, and also an Anne-of-Green-Gables hat.

Draw something from a video game: Henry Hatsworth, from his eponymous title, engaged in "Tea Time."

Draw something with your eyes closed: Heheheh. Yeah, I know. Sorry.


Draw an optical illusion: O could not think of an optical illusion, so I drew a number of things that kind of sounded like "optical illusion."


Illustrate how you think the world will end: This is me, hurling the planet into the sun. Don't worry, I don't actually plan on it. Yet.

Draw a plant: This is a rabbit-eating tree. And no, I have no idea.

Draw a friend: My trusty crowbar, Brunhilda.

Draw something from your favorite cartoon: Samurai Jack, of course.


Draw something you miss: Lego! I still have lots of it, just not much time to use it.


Draw your favorite food: Live bison, apparently.



Draw a monster: Off to work.





Draw your dream home: Behold, the underwater volcano moon fortress. I bought crayola crayons just for the occasion.




-alex

No comments:

Post a Comment