Thursday, February 21, 2013

Rigging, part 2

Here are a few videos outlining the functionality of the Dan and Alex rigs. My internet connection being as feeble as it is, I had to reduce the size of the videos by half to ensure they would upload sometime this year.

First up: Dan. This video also contains an introduction to the subject and some anecdotes about the process. Dan was an interesting undertaking; I wanted to build a rig that could do whatever the students wanted. Naturally, this proved daunting, but ultimately very educational.



Next: Alex. Building on the feedback I had received with the Dan rig, I set about building the Alex character; trying to match the style and essential functionality while eliminating features he wouldn't make use of.



Finally: Boot hat. I wanted to include a snippet about this rig because while he uses elements from the previous two, he was designed for very specific purposes; built to be sturdy and work well in my pipeline.



And with that, I bid you good night.

-alex

No comments:

Post a Comment